- National and ICT Development
- Rural Development in the Present Context
- Changes and Challenges for Rural Development and Government Policy
- ICT Policy of the Ministry
- MID as an ICT Catalyst for Rural Development
As the responsible ministry for rural development, Ministry of Rural and Regional Development has also implemented Infodesa programme to instil an ICT culture among the rural population as one of the key initiatives in an effort to reduce the digital divide and as a part of its fundamental of providing basic communication services to all public.
Aware of this fact, the government has approved major provisions under the 8MP and 9MP to provide the relevant resources in providing communications access in rural areas.
Medan Infodesa (MID) programme, which started since the 8th Malaysia Plan, equipped up to 20 computers with Internet connections and other peripheral equipment such as printers, scanners and so forth.