KETENGAH supports the aspirations of the Ministry of Rural and Regional Development to nurture and produce a Rural Bumiputera Commercial and Industrial Community that is viable, competitive and resilient.
Implementation of the programme is based on eight main functions, namely:-
- KETENGAH Entrepreneur Financing Fund
- Entrepreneur training, courses and workshops
- Advice and guidance
- Product promotion and marketing
- Product development
- One District One Industry Project
- Agro-based industry (livestock and agriculture)
- Project monitoring and evaluation
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING (MOU)
KETENGAH – MARA – KEMAS
- Entrepreneurship development encompasses programmes to produce new entrepreneurs, create business opportunities, for capital financing, training, marketing and product promotion programmes, business premises, manufacturing facilities, branding and labelling as well as nurturing and developing the existing entrepreneurs.
KETENGAH – RISDA
- Entrepreneurship development encompasses programmes to produce new entrepreneurs, create business opportunities, for capital financing, training, marketing and product promotion programmes, business premises, manufacturing facilities, branding and labeling as well as growing and developing the existing entrepreneurs.
- Sharing of knowledge and experience in animal husbandry to improve management efficiency and maximise the use of resources and output;
KETENGAH SMALL AND MEDIUM INDUSTRY (SMI) DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
KETENGAH also guides entrepreneurs in the KETENGAH Region in the development of small and medium industries (SMIs):
- Production of crafts including ceramics and rattan-based furniture.
- Production of cakes, bread, snacks, frozen and traditional foods.
- Services including bridal make-up, dressmaking, telecommunications, vehicle repair and so on.
KETENGAH AGRO-BASED INDUSTRY PROJECT
Several agro-based industrial programmes have been implemented by KETENGAH to produce successful agro-based entrepreneurs in agriculture. They are:
- Cultivation of calamansi, lime, dates, black pepper and Terengganu Cherry in Durian Mentangau
- Cultivation of corn, sour-sop, jackfruit, pineapple, banana, fertigation projects, vegetables and pepper project in Bandar Al Muktafi Billah Shah
Such programmes have been able to create jobs for the local community.
KETENGAH Poultry Industry Industry Project
KETENGAH also develops poultry industry projects including:
- Quail Rearing Project in Bandar Seri Bandi;
- Quail Hatchery Project in Bandar Seri Bandi;
- Broiler Project, Kampung Chemuak;
- Broiler Project, Durian Mentangau;
- Swift Farming Project