Ministry of Rural and Regional Development (KKLW) Rural Industries Development Programme
Objectives Of The Scheme
- To increase the number of rural Bumiputera entrepreneurs in all dynamic and legal economic areas.
- To upgrade the industries of rural entrepreneurs so they become more dynamic, competitive and resilient as well as to boost their commitment.
- To provide funding facilities for rural Bumiputera entrepreneurs in order to help improve the rural economy.
- To provide a collateral-free funding scheme with a low instalment rate.
- To increase the involvement of rural Bumiputera entrepreneurs in rural economic activities that has more potential and is more dynamic in order to create a Bumiputera Trade and Industry Community (MPPB) among rural residents.
- Small Medium Enterprise Development Bank Malaysia Berhad for funding that involves the manufacturing, services and rural tourism industries.
- Bank Kerjasama Rakyat Malaysia Berhad (Bank Rakyat) ) – for funding that involves the manufacturing, services, agriculture and rural tourism industries.
- SME Bank
Features Of The Scheme
Concept of Funding
- Funding based on Syariah concepts (Ijarah Thummalbai, Bai Bithaman Ajil, Bay-Dayn and Al-Quran Hassan)
Purpose of Funding
- Purchase of machines/equipment that would help to upgrade the business/industry
- For working capital to be used for the purchase/procurement of raw materials
- For renovating or upgrading the premise of the business/industry
Limits of Funding
- RM20,000.00 – RM250,000.00 (for entrepreneurs who have been in operation for less than three years)
- RM250,000.00 – RM500,000.00 (for entrepreneurs who have been in operation for more than three years)
- Funding is allowed for as much as 3 times but may not exceed the maximum limit that the applicant is entitled to