The types of membership are as follows:
- Membership is open for all citizens of Malaysia (except those in Sarawak) who are:
- Wives of members of the civil service at all levels of service groups in Malaysia.
- Female members of the civil service at all levels of service groups in Malaysia.
- Wives of members of the civil service at all levels of service groups whose husband has retired or passed away.
- Divorced women who were married to members of the civil service.
- Female members of the civil service who have retired.
Associate membership is open for:
- Wives of members of the civil service who have yet to become citizens of Malaysia (in force since 15 September 1993)*.
- Female employees of Puspanita.**
- Members from privatised government agencies.
- Associate members are entitled to all privileges of normal members, have the right to voice out but do not have the rights to vote or hold any position in Puspanita.
- The membership of an associate member in the (*) category above shall automatically expire when the husband resigns from public service or his service in the government is terminated (in force since 15 September 1993).
- The membership of an associate member in the (**) category above shall automatically expire when she resigns from Puspanita or her employment with Puspanita is terminated (in force since 15 September 1993).
- Combined membership is open to women associations at the Ministry/States which are registered with the Registrar of Societies.
- The membership of Combined Members is to be approved by the Supreme Work Committee based on applications in the provided forms.
The Yang Dipertua of PUSPANITA and the PUSPANITA Supreme Council may appoint Honorary Members among women who are regarded as capable of sharing beneficial contribution to PUSPANITA. Honorary Members do not have the right to vote in any meeting.
- Life-Long Members
- Life-Long Members are Normal Members who have paid a pre-determined amount of fee for life-long membership.
- Life-Long Members from privatised Government agencies* shall remain as members but are not entitled to vote or hold any positions in PUSPANITA.
- Life-Long Members except * are entitled to the same rights which are enjoyed by Normal Members, i.e. to attend meetings, to voice out and vote in the Representatives General Meeting, the Special Meeting or General Meetings at the branch level and may be elected as Supreme Council Members, Supreme Work Committee Members and Branch Committee Members. Five representatives from Life-Long Members are elected to attend the Representatives General Meeting.
- Normal Members that need to be outside the country for a period not less than 6 months, are exempted from paying the annual fee during the period she is outside the country.
- A written application should be made to the Branch Treasurer and consent of the branch committee should be obtained. The Treasurer must record the period in which the member is exempted from paying the annual fee.
Application To Become A Member
- Every application must be made using the Application Form or be made on-line and submitted to the Ministry Branch Secretary who will subsequently present the application to a Branch Committee for consideration.
- The Branch Committee may use its discretion to turn down any application without stating any reason or justification.
- Applications to become Life-Long Members must be made directly with the Secretary-General of the National PUSPANITA.
- An applicant who is qualified to become a member based on the conditions above but who us still a student of a local university/college, may not be accepted as a member unless with the written permission of the Vice Chancellor of the University or the Principal of the College.
- Membership will expire when a member’s husband or the member herself has resigned from public service or whose service in the Government has been terminated.
- The membership of the wife of a member of the civil service who has passed away or divorced shall expire when she remarries.
In the 18th Representatives General Meeting on 22 July 2000, it was agreed that the annual fees of PUSPANITA members are to be raised by 100% as follows :-
|Previous Rate (RM)||New Rate (RM)|
|i.||Wives of officers or female officers in the Top Management Group||15.00||30.00||20.00|
|ii.||Wives of officers or female officers in the Management and Professional Group||8.00||16.00|
|iii.||Wives of officers or female officers in the Support Group I||5.00||10.00||10.00|
|iv.||Wives of officers or female officers in the Support Group II||2.00||4.00||2.00|
- All fees must be paid early in the year to the Branch Trasurer.
- Members who fail to pay the annual fee for 3 consecutive years will be sent a reminder from or on behalf of the Secretary. If the fees are still not paid, then the member will not be entitled to any membership rights and privilege until the fees are settled.
- Members who have not paid up annual fees for up to 5 consecutive years shall automatically cease to become members.