Role of the Penghulu
The Penghulu has the role to :-
- Ensure that the PJK project application is in accordance with the PJK scope guidelines;
- Submit the PJK proposal application to the Principal Assistant District Officer (Development) according to the order of priority and villages that need the most attention;
- Assist the JKR in solving implementation issues / problems, such as obtaining permission to access specified areas, routing and other issues that may cause delays to the construction; and
- Convey any complaints regarding the implementation of the project should they be raised.
Role of the District Office
The District Office has an important role in :-
- Filtering and coordinating the PJK project proposal so as to ensure that it is aligned with the scope and guidelines;
- Determining the prioritisation of projects and villages to be given most attention to;
- Considering and acknowledging PJKs which are not covered through applications from the Penghulu, Member of Parliament / Member of the State Legislative Assembly from time to time and are found to be in need of urgent implementation: and
- Submitting complaints / problems regarding the implementation of PJK if necessary.
Role of PPN/JPP
Among the roles and responsibilities of the agencies concerned are as follows:-
- To coordinate and determine the priority of projects at the district and state levels (project applications received from various sources) and to submit them for the approval of KKLW; and
- To submit any information and complaint regarding the implementation of PJK to KKLW for follow-up action.
Role and Responsibilities of KKLW
As a Ministry that plays the role of trustee for the implementation of this programme, it is the responsibility of KKLW to ensure that the constructed village roads are of quality and durability for the comfort of rural residents. Specifically, the responsibilities of KKLW are as follows:-
- To process and approve applications of PJK projects or from direct applications received from various parties;
- To consider and approve an exchange of projects once acknowledgement is obtained from the PPN/JKR after the Ministry is satisfied that the newly proposed project fulfils the scope and criteria of PJK projects; and
- To cancel an approved project once acknowledgement is obtained from the PPN/JKR after the Ministry is satisfied that there is a reasonable ground to cancel the project;
- To periodically conduct project visits and inspections at any time;
- To assist in solving any problems arising from, or raised by various parties regarding, the implementation of projects;
- KKLW may appoint its agencies to implement projects should it be considered necessary;
- To submit relevant performance reports to the nation’s main committees; and
- To perform other duties related to project implementation.