- What is the scope of the PJK programme?All applications for projects under PAMS must be submitted through the District Office (at district level) or the State Development Office and Federal Development Department (PPN/JPP) at the state level.The applications will be coordinated by the PPN/JPP and subsequently, submitted to MRRD for consideration and approval.The scope of JPD comprises of three components, namely New Construction, Upgrade and Maintenance:
- New Construction
Construction of new roads, culverts and bridges so that roads are aligned to provide maximum benefits.
Upgrading of existing roads, culverts and bridges without changing the road alignment.
Improving of existing roads, road shoulders, drains, culverts, bridges and street furniture as well as road resurfacing.
- What are the criteria for PJK selection?Project Selection Criteria:< >The selection of village road projects must meet these MANDATORY criteria: Village roads in rural and urban areas as well as areas under the jurisdiction but outside the area of operation of the Local Authorities (LAs)/areas imposed with property taxes by the LAs except in poor states. Residential/settlement areas developed by Statutory Bodies and private companies are not eligible to be considered for the Village Road project, namely:Roads constructed/upgraded which will benefit more than 100 users in the surrounding area;Roads that provide access to health centres/clinics, schools, mosques/surau, markets, recreation centres and other public facilities;Roads that link one village to another and/or the main road; andVillage roads that link small towns, centres of economic activity, businesses, small industries centres and rural growth centres. (Any exception to the above selection criteria would require the approval of the MRRD.)Projects that do not meet the criteria WILL NOT BE LISTED. Examples of these include roads leading to a house; roads to individual farms; hardstand; and roads that are the main route for heavy vehicles, such as timber and oil palm lorries.Forms and further information about JPD can be obtained from the Ministry’s website at www.wearerocketeer.com/kplb/.What are the implementation methods of PJK?The implementation methods of PJK are as follows:
- MRRD will submit a list of village road projects to the Public Works Department (PWD) for implementation together with the allocation warrant and a copy of the same to be submitted to the PPN/JPP; and
- The construction works for village roads are to be offered to qualified Class F-D contractors and in accordance with the specified limits of work.
- What are the components and specifications of JPD?The components of JPD include roads, culverts, bridges, concrete roads, pavements, roadside drains, street furniture and safety equipment for road users.The JPD specifications on the other hand, depend on the location by taking into account the width of the road shoulder, reserves and road use as follows:< >Pavement width of 8-14 feet;Minimum road shoulder width of 1.5 feet;Minimum pebble thickness (crusher run) of 9 inches;Minimum premix thickness of 2-3 inches;Maximum slope grade of 12%;Prime coat (optional) 0.7 litre/m2;Lay bay is provided (as required) depending on road reserves;Roadside drains are provided (as required) to prevent damage to the roads as a result of stagnant water and depending on road reserves;Obtaining a way leave from the landowner; andPutting up signage provided by the Ministry.What are the compulsory criteria for project selection?Compulsory criteria:< >Village roads in rural and urban areas as well as areas under the jurisdiction but outside the area of operation of the Local Authorities (LAs)/areas imposed with property taxes by the LAs.Residential and settlement areas renovated by Statutory Bodies and private companies are not eligible to be considered.Which division should be contacted for queries about the MRRD Housing Assistance Programme?
Bahagian Infrastruktur (Infrastructure Division)
Aras 23, Kementerian Kemajuan Luar Bandar dan Wilayah (KKLW)
No 47, Persiaran Perdana,
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan
Tel: 03 – 8891 2000
Faks: 03 – 8888 2337