Head of Legal Unit
|Name||: Mr. Mujib bin Saroji|
|Telephone No.||: 03 – 8891 2233|
|Fax No.||: 03 – 8888 2335|
- Provide legal advice (written and oral) in accordance with the Federal Constitution and other laws, in respect of matters raised in the Ministry and agencies under the Ministry’s jurisdiction.
- Draft or vet legal documents such as legal notices, agreements and memorandum of understanding, referred to it by the Divisions in the Ministry and agencies under the Ministry’s jurisdiction.
- Draft and vet, bills, subsidiary legislation, legal notification under the Ministry’s jurisdiction.
- Provide first comments on behalf of Attorney General’s Chambers (Ulasan) on Cabinet Memoranda distributed by the Ministry.
- To provide legal advice in respect of matters referred to it by the Ministry and its agencies;
- To assist in the interpretation of laws as and when required;
- To draft or vet legal documents such as legal notices, agreements and memorandum of understanding to which the Ministry and the Government is a party to ensure that the interest of the Ministry and the Government is protected;
- To conduct research or studies on legal matters as and when required;
- To provide advice on matters in which the Ministry regulates or intends to regulate, and to prepare draft bills on such matters, if any, to reflect the policy decisions as may be made by the Ministry and the Government and to submit the draft bills to the Parliamentary Draftsman for approval;
- To attend meetings upon the invitation of the Ministry and its agencies and to provide legal advice on matters discussed to ensure that any policy decision made is in accordance with the law;
- To participate in knowledge sharing or training sessions by providing legal expertise to the Ministry and its agencies.