- The goals of the Rural Industries Programme are to develop the rural industry sector in line with the National Industrial Policy and to contribute towards an economic growth that is more productive and sustainable. Concurrently, it is hoped that the involvement and participation of rural communities would be heightened specifically in creating a dynamic, competitive and resilient rural entrepreneurial community that would contribute towards creating a Bumiputera Trade and Industries Community (MPPB).
BUSINESS COMMERCIALIZATION UNIT
- To plan and to prepare Rural to Global Program Policy Paper
- To plan budget for Rural to Global Program
- To plan and to coordinate the implementation of Rural to Global Program
- To plan and to prepare Roadmap Usahawan@KPLB Policy Paper
- To prepare Ekosistem Usahawan@KPLB Document
- To plan and to coordinate the development of Usahawan@KPLB System
BUSINESS SUPPORT UNIT (COORDINATION AND ADMINISTRATION)
- To prepare for Usahawan Bergerak (Mobilepreneur) Program Policy Paper;
- To plan budget for Mobilepreneur Program;
- To plan and coordinate Mobilepreneur Program;
- To conduct an Outcome Study of Mobilepreneur Program;
- To conduct an Outcome Study of Mobilepreneur Program and PPMI, to update SPP II;
- To plan and to prepare policy and implementation strategy regarding financial initiative;
- To coordinate the planning and implementation of hypermarket program and small and medium business (PKS) entrepreneurship initiatives; and
- To plan and to prepare Rural Business Outlet policy and implementation strategy.
COORDINATION, ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE
- To plan and to coordinate the division administrative affairs;
- To plan, to coordinate and to prepare financial management, development budget and management budget for the division;
- To coordinate reports, feedbacks and complaints regarding rural economic programs and activities that being implemented at ministry level and other agency/ministry;
- To coordinate the preparation of Parliamentary session Q&A;
- To plan and to coordinate SPPII system;
- To manage office assets and inventory; and
- To manage the safety of records, files and office.
ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT UNIT (RBC)
- To plan and to prepare business development and Rural Business Challenge (RBC) Program policy and implementation strategy;
- To plan and to implement the hosting of RBC Competition annually;
- To plan, to coordinate and to monitor and to report the implementation of RBC Winners Programs implementation;
- To plan and to coordinate the distribution of business grants for the implementation of RBC Winners Programs;
- To coordinate planning and implementation of development programmes and RBC supporting activities.
BUSINESS FUNDING UNIT (SPED)
- To plan and to prepare policy business funding and loans policy and strategic implementation;
- To coordinate and to implement SPED applications processing, business development evaluation
- To coordinate, to implement and to process SPED applications, to evaluate business performance, to decide on applicants through SPED Committee and the issuance of SPED loans with Implementing Banks; and
- To coordinate the planning and implementation of SPED programs and supporting activities.
MARKETING STRENGTHENING UNIT
- To plan and to implement the hosting of Rural Entrepreneurship Carnival (KUD) and Mini KUD.
- To coordinate the planning and implementation of ‘Satu Daerah Satu Industri’ (SDSI) program, Mini KUD and Halfest.
- To plan and to prepare policy and implementation strategy on local marketing; and
- To plan, to coordinate and to monitor the implementation of Program Sokongan Pengukuhan Keusahawanan Luar Bandar (SPKLB)