- Ensuring all the Revenues and Expenses of KPLB are accounted efficiently, effectively and responsibly.
- Ensuring a proper accounting system and appropriate controls exist and are upheld to prevent loss due to fraud or negligence, subject to the general supervision of the Controlling Officer.
- Ensuring only allowable expenses received and paid within the prescribed period and accounted for properly and accurately.
- Ensuring revenues received are accounted correctly.
- Reports to the Controller any irregularity in connection with public accounts brought to its attention.
- To make payment for all vouchers for supplies and services, overtime, car and computer loan, travelling claims and other expenses;
- To manage the payment of staff salaries; and
- To prepare monthly and annual Accounting Reports to the top management, the Accountant General’s Department of Malaysia and the National Audit Department;
ADVISORY AND CONSULTANCY
- To check the collector statements;
- To check the books of cash auditing monthly for all responsible centres involved in revenue collection;
- To provide training and advisory services in the implementation of Integrated Government Financial & Management Accounting System (iGFMAS);
- To conduct inspection on the six (6) Responsibility Centres (RCs) related to revenue collections; and
- To conduct inspection on the six (6) Responsibility Centres (RCs) related to Integrated Government Financial & Management Accounting System (iGFMAS) to ensure that financial regulations are complied.
- To ensure the governance of accrual accounting implementation is based on accounting standards;
- To analyses the components of the Financial Statements; and
- To identify and determine the Finance and Accounting Risk of the Ministry.
ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE
- To manage the administrative and financial affairs of the Division;
- To manage the inventory and assets of the Division; and
- To prepare budget of the Division.