The Blue Ocean Leadership Initiative or B.O.L. was introduced to further strengthen the leadership and increase the involvement of employees in an organisation. B.O.L. is a systematic approach to strengthen leadership practices to maximize talent and existing human capital in efforts to improve the performance of the organisation. INTAN has been selected to lead the implementation of this initiative by making the Public Service Department the pilot project for INTAN as the gateway of expertise and ability to implement the initiatives of B.O.L. The Prime Minister has agreed to extend the implementation of the Blue Ocean Leadership (B.O.L) to five pilot ministries, namely the Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-Based Industry, Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Urban Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government, Ministry of Youth and Sports and MRRD during the NBOS Summit on 24 March 2016.
- To identify the actions and activities of a leader on the current situation (As-is Leadership Canvas);
- To introduce appropriate leadership actions and activities at all leadership levels to meet the needs of market realities (To-Be Leadership Canvas);
- To develop strategies and implement high-impact leadership activities at a low cost rate (Plan of Action); and
- To increase employee involvement in an organisation through leadership activities and actions at each stage.
- The programme will run for 6 months effective 1 June till 1 December 2016.
- The programme will be conducted in the form of interviews and group analysis workshops.
- The programme will be conducted at the headquarters and selected PCN using existing facilities.
Profiling Experts comprises of selected Divisional Secretaries and Senior Officers of MRRD, KEMAS and INFRA while the Facilitators comprises of the Senior Officers of INTAN and JPA.
Head of Profiling Experts: Head of the Integrity Unit
Head Facilitator : Head of Public Policy and Governance Studies Cluster, INTAN KIARA